W&W Group signs Principles for Responsible Investment
In early May, the Wüstenrot & Württembergische Group (W&W) signed the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). The Group thus undertakes to introduce and comply with the six Principles for Responsible Investment.
By signing, the W&W Group is underlining the sustainable focus of its investment business. Environmental, social and governance-related (ESG) issues are increasingly being incorporated into analysis and decision-making processes and are subject to ongoing further development.
The Principles for Responsible Investment are an investor initiative in cooperation with the UNEP Finance Initiative and the UN Global Compact. The objective is to gain a better understanding of the impact of investment activities on ESG issues.
With its signature, the W&W Group undertakes to comply with the following six Principles of Responsible Investment:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active shareholders and consider ESG issues in our investment policies and practices
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Ludwigsburg, 13 May 2020
The W&W Group came into existence in 1999 as a result of the merger of the two long-standing companies Wüstenrot and Württembergische. Today, it develops and provides the four components of modern financial planning: financial security, housing property, risk protection and savings and investment. It combines the Housing, Insurance and brandpool divisions as equally strong pillars, which enables it to offer every customer the financial planning solution that suits them best. In doing so, the W&W Group focuses on omni-channel sales, ranging from its own mobile sales force to cooperation partners and sales agents, broker activities and digital initiatives. Today, approximately 13,000 people work as in-house staff or in the mobile sales force for the listed group headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.